College of Business {College of Business}

Image: Photos of SF State students

Song Woo

Song Woo

Song Woo

Founder, President and Chief Executive, Lighthouse Management Group, Inc.

Song Woo (B.S., Business Analysis and Finance, ’98) was recognized in 2007 for his leadership of Lighthouse Management Group's thriving staffing and recruiting business, and praised as a “star” for developing his emerging company from a start- up to a multi-million dollar firm virtually overnight.

Since his company’s inception in 2006, his firm has assisted virtually every industry that exists locally in the Bay Area ranging from high-tech, health care, financial services, education, and non-profits and many others.

Song attributes a lot of his success to the time he spent at San Francisco State. “The foundation for my success was laid at SF State and the tools I received there empowered me to be able to maximize my full potential,” states Song. “The education I received both in and out of the classroom helped develop the skills I needed to be successful in the real business world.”

Song’s desire to help and guide people was also a byproduct of San Francisco State. “Through the urging of some professors, I became a tutor for the Decision Sciences department—then known as the BACS department,” says Song. “I never would have known how much I would enjoy helping someone be more successful if it wasn’t for that experience.”

Song especially credits Decision Sciences Professor Robert Saltzman, “The hands-on approach to learning and the advice I received from professors like him helped shape my future.”

SF State Home